Scholarship Description: The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is a scholarship specifically intended to support international students that covers international tuition fees and also provides a stipend.
Degree Level: Masters, Doctorate
Available Subjects: all subjects
Eligible Nationalities: international students are eligible for this scholarship program.
- The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $27,596 per annum (2019 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and satisfy the University’s
academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Please download the FIPRS conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
- Any questions about the application process should be directed to the Student Finance Office via email at [email protected]
- Any questions about the candidature application process should be directed to the International Centre via emailat [email protected]
- Download Application Guidelines