1 June (For Trimester 2), 30 November (For Trimester 1), 1 September (For Trimester 3)
The Tongarewa Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) celebrates the University’s commitment to our international student community. We award a range of these scholarships to international students each year. This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will be put towards your tuition fees for one year of study. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
School leaver / 1st year; Masters Research; Postgraduate; Masters by coursework
• All Subjects
$5,000 or $10,000. See additional information
- international students who are paying full international fees
- entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
- You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- completed a prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e. the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme)
- are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- are in your second or subsequent year of study at Victoria University of Wellington
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
More info: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/scholarships/current/tongarewa-scholarship
Victoria University of Wellington is a university in Wellington, New Zealand. It was established in 1897 by Act of Parliament, and was a constituent college of the University of New Zealand.