Closing date: 1 April 2023
Student type: Domestic and International students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study: first-year students
Study area: Any
Scholarship value: annual range $5,000 to $12,000
Description: the president’s scholar awarded to first-year students based on academic achievement, demonstrated leadership skills, or other criteria.
- Students must complete a USM application. Including the submission of their official high school transcript.
- The University of Southern Maine uses a 4.0 scale to determine scholarship eligibility.If a student’s GPA is not on a 4.0 scale we will convert it using the specific school’s profile.
- Students must take a minimum of 12 credits during Fall and Spring semesters.
- For continued eligibility, students must also complete 30 credits per academic year (including summer, fall, winter, spring terms). A typical course load consists of 15 credits.
- Students who have already earned a bachelors degree by the time they start courses at USM are not eligible for merit scholarships.
How to apply: All qualified incoming first-year students who complete a USM application — including your official high school transcript, letter of recommendation, and completed personal statement (essay) — will be automatically considered.